Saturday, July 16, 2011

Instructor Reflections/Questions about PBL






















Scaffolding the Elements:

A.  Students begin unit with basic drawing lesson and still life lighting
B.  Critique coursework is presented and practiced
C.  Students practice with digital cameras and Photoshop/PIXLR software
D.  Student research/make notes about photographer biographers and literature
E.  Student use digital photography to present a 3 panel autobiographical photograph
F.   Critique reviews and student reflections are posted on blog
G.  Website built and designed and math/science research is posted with photography
H.   Exhibition of digital photography and website are displayed
I.    Presentation of Learning are delivered to guest of exhibition





New Staff PBL Questions:
1.    What happens if the project is only moderately successful?
2.    Is the project the curriculum or is the curriculum the project?
3.    How do I work with another instructor and cover both content?
4.    How do I setup step-by-step instructions and follow through with them?
5.    How do I assess better and manage the grading?
6.    How do I set realistic goals for the project?
7.    How do I get students to be interested in the project content?
8.    How do I start the first class project and when do I start it?
9.    Should I give exemplars or not?
10.  How do I make the content hands-on learning?
11.  How do I financially budget the project so it doesn't affect the student grading?
12.  How do I maintain curricular content expectations with cross-curricular projects?
13.  How do I work with other grade levels when designing a multiple grade level theme?
14.  How do I differentiate instruction for IEP students while maintaining the authenticity?
15.  How do I know what other staff members are doing and how it might influence my project?
16.  How do I refine assessments for individual students?
17.  Should I tailor the project for each student/class?
18.  How do I assess individual students working in a group environment?
19.  How do I pair project based learning with my regular daily content?
20.  How do I give clear directions for the project?
21.  How do I manage all the elements that are listed in the directions?
22.  Where can I find examples of projects that work or don't work?
23.  How do I make a project the is authentic and engaging for the students?
24.  How do work in remediation for a project?
25.  How do I sequence projects and is scaffolding important?
26.  How do I build a healthy culture of critique and helpful student commentary?
27.  How do motivate and assess learners with different abilities?
28.  Are shorter projects better than longer projects


I.    Student Issues
II.   Content Issues
III.  Management and Structure

No comments:

Post a Comment