Building a Student-Led Conference
Your Student Led Conference is a chance for you to show the process of your growth.
Areas of growth can include:
• Personal growth in the Habits of Heart and Mind (Cooperation, Refinement, Perspective, Mindfulness, Evidence, Perseverance, and Compassion).
• Academic Growth in Math and Science, Humanities, Electives
• Growth in the process of Design.
• Growth in the process of doing a project (show a “Project Process Flowchart”).
• Growth in the quality of work.
Math/Science
Find the following artifacts of work:
1. Academic growth in Math: Find one or two (or more) artifacts of your work in Math that shows how you went from struggling on an objective (scoring less than 80%) to finally passing that objective.
2. Quality of work: Find one or two artifacts of how your work has improved in quality. Examples can be from Warm-ups, Problems of the Week or Homework examples.
a. You must include drafts of your projects like design drawings or writing rough drafts (Fermi Power Points, Snipe Trap and Humpty Dumpty Jumps projects, etc.)
3. Design: Find one or two artifacts of your learning of the design process.
a. Show and explain a “Project Process Flowchart”.
b. Show your schematics or 3-View Drawing of:
• Practice Drawing
• Personal item drawing
• Humpty Dumpty JUMPS “Drop Box” drawing.
4. Construction: Use pictures/videos from a project or physical evidence from classwork, show what tools and construction techniques (safety, tools, etc.) you have learned to use.
5. Claim-Evidence-Reasoning (CER) Snipe Trap paper: Show your drafts and all of the “work” THEN show digital documents of your FINISHED work.
Humanities
Find the following artifacts of work:
1. Academic growth in Reading: Find one or two (or more) artifacts of your work in Accelerated Reading that shows proficiency in reading comprehension and/or vocabulary.
2. Academic growth in understanding new concepts: Find your final exam from a Project.
3. Quality of work: Find one or two artifacts of how your work has improved in quality. Examples can be from a Project (photographs or narratives), QuickWrites, or Journal entries.
4. Writing and Refinement: Drafts of cases from Debate Project or of narratives from a Project.
5. Critical Thinking or Logic: Find a blog post/written document and compare debate cases from a project.
SLC Presentation
To write your speech:
- Select 2-3 artifacts per class to demonstrate process of learning
- Organize presentation with 1 or 2 arguments per class, use C.E.R.
Example Introduction: Welcome to my SLC. In this conference, I would like to share with you some artifacts to show the process of my learning. First, I am going to talk about my ________________ class. Second, I will talk about my ____________________ class, and finally, I will talk about my ______________________ class.
Humanities:
Claim: I grew in_______________________.
Evidence: Explain artifacts.
Reasoning: Therefore, you can see with this artifact that I grew in ____________________.
Math/Physics:
Claim: I grew in_______________________.
Evidence: Explain artifacts.
Reasoning: Therefore, you can see with this artifact that I grew in ____________________.
Electives:
Claim: I grew in_______________________.
Evidence: Explain artifacts.
Reasoning: Therefore, you can see with this artifact that I grew in ____________________.
Example Conclusion: In conclusion, I feel that I have grown in ___________________, __________________, and _______________________ because ______________________.
Do you have any questions?
No comments:
Post a Comment